Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Hive 6 January 2015 - Block for Nela

Hello!  Hope everyone is enjoying the new year thus far.  My name is Nancy and I live in Brock, TX.

I was happy to see the block you chose Nela - didn't know it was called Swamp Angel block!  I couldn't decide on which of the two color combos (blue/orange or purple/yellow) to make, so I made one of each.  

I actually cut out enough fabric to make one for me too.  I  am thinking about making a quilt out of all the individual blocks that are requested in Hive 6 this year.  We'll see how that goes:0)

Anyhow, I hope you like!  I will get it all in the mail this week.






Oh, almost forgot about the question - How do you spend your vacations?    I don't really have a "regular" vacation.  My family enjoys going down to the Texas coast town of Port Aransas.  I prefer the Colorado mountains though.  Occasionally, we venture to California to visit my only out of state relatives.  Since I work full time, I really enjoy my "stay-cation" at home the most.  Last summer I sent the family down to Port Aransas and had an entire week all to myself (and only one dog) and set up my sewing room.  It was bliss!

Y'all take care!
Nancy D. 
(0: