Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Hive 4 January Block

Hi, I'm Diana from Red Delicious Life and I'm excited to be participating in my very first Stash Bee. For January, Renae our Hive Mama, wanted us to help her out by making some star stringquilt blocks using the colors navy, lime green, purple, raspberry, and teal with low volume grays. I hope she likes this one.


I'll be honest, I get easily frustrated with paper piecing but as long as I cut out a block to use as a template and allow a half inch all the way around, I'm usually good. I only made 1 mistake that I had to rip out so that's progress for me!

Renae's question for the hive was what is one quilting project on your bucket list. I've only been quilting for about 3 years now and still feel like I have so much to learn but 2 of my favorite blocks that I eventually want to tackle are the lemoyne star and the hunters star (lucky hive 7!). On my list specifically for this year is the Disappearing Hourglass, a Missouri Star Quilt tutorial.

3 comments: