Thursday, January 29, 2015

Current Girlfriend meets Hunters Star

I boldly joined Stash Bee while ignoring nagging thoughts that I might be over committing myself, a character defect I have practiced a lot. Turns out to be a manageable project. My stash of scraps taunted me when it came to choosing colors. I want to do a good job and please Heather, of A Reformed Heathn, who has kindly helped us newbies. I have quilted for 41 years but not made a Hunters Star before. It was fun and I love it! Can't wait to see the collection. Here is my star:


The colors remind me of the winter hillsides of our canyon home here in the central Idaho Rocky Mountains, grassy yellows, lavender shade, blue skies...  We are close to the Salmon River and that segues to my favorite meal: barbequed salmon, pasta with home made pesto sauce, fresh fruit salad, and a sour cream chocolate cake for dessert. It is my birthday dinner every summer! The anadromous  Coho salmon hatch here, travel 800 miles to the Pacific Ocean to live for several years, then come back up the Columbia River and on to the Salmon River to spawn. Only the chocolate is imported, the rest is local.

2 comments:

HeatherK @ A Reformed Heath'n said...

This looks great! I live just off the Willamette and McKenzie Rivers here in OR and salmon fishing is HUGE over here.

Granny Maud's Girl said...

Our hive is really rockin those neat points!