Thursday, January 15, 2015

Hive 2, January: Scrappy Heart Block

Hello everyone! This is Christina from Chicago, and I'm very excited to be participating in my first round of the Stash Bee! Caroline had us make scrappy heart & low volume blocks for her - and despite a rough start (HSTs and me just do not get along!), I was able to come up with this beauty:


Aside from going through my pink scraps, and coming across fabrics I haven't seen in a *looong* time, my most favorite part of this block is at the very bottom right corner...the little scrap of Sara Lawson's Jungle Avenue: Underground fabric. It's of Chicago's El (train) transportation system...so in love with this fabric! (I almost couldn't cut in to it! Ha!)

If I'd be able to become a time traveler, I think that I'd like to be go back to beginning of the 20th century - I have only just recently just started watching Downton Abbey, and I am officially obsessed. I just cannot imagine having to wear skirts and be properly dressed every day!

1 comment:

Norma Schlager said...

Don't you just love it when you find treasures in your stash? You heart is certainly pretty in pink.