Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Hive 1 - January Block Completed!

Hello! I'm Liz, I blog over at Green Cheese Quilting. This is my second year in the Stash Bee, and I enjoy working on blocks for people. Sometimes I may question a person's choice in block or color, but by the time I make the actual block I never want to give it away!

This month we made Star in Star blocks for Alison. My picture's a little blurry, but I enjoyed making the block. Hopefully the colors (in person) will work with her scheme. They're a little off here.


Alison asked us what our worst quilting disaster was, and I couldn't really think of any 'disasters' - until one happened a few days ago! I was washing a quilt for the first time while doing other laundry. Somehow I let a bright pink scarf (never been washed, fresh from Mexico) get in the load with the quilt. Eventually after taking it out of the drier I noticed the bright pink bleeds on the quilt, and after washing it several more times with stain removers it's slightly reduced but it's not going anywhere. Luckily it's just a home quilt, so I won't be too upset, but it is kind of a bummer. 

No comments: