Sunday, May 3, 2015

Hive 2 - May Bee Blocks for Sue

Sue asked us to create haphazard plus sign blocks for May. I really enjoyed digging through my scrap bin to find bits of fabric from some of her favorite designers, and I got to use some new low volume fabrics that I just received in a swap! Sue mentioned that she would be happy to trim the four blocks to 8.5-inches and sew them into the larger final block to allow her to balance out colors and prints, so I am taking her up on that offer!


Sue's question for May is: Where do you look for quilting inspiration? Share a favorite blog, book, magazine, instructor/class, etc.

Favorite blogs for inspiration: Renee @Quilts of a Feather and Judy @Quilt Paradigm are both quilting friends, and I admire their brave free motion quilting that they accomplish on domestic machines. I am continually inspired by what they quilt! 

Instructor / Class: I also recently took a class with Angela Walters on Quilting Negative Space and really enjoyed it. 

Quilt Design: In terms of quilt design, I enjoy participating in the Facebook Group Quilt Design a Day (QDAD).

No comments: