Monday, July 6, 2015

June Hive 3 Block

Heather from Quilts Actually here!  I am finishing up a move between North Carolina and New York, so I didn't have internet access to be able to post my block for Sylvia sooner than this.  I did make it and send it off on time!

Sylvia requested help making a Christmas quilt (tutorial here), which was genius!  I would copy you if my month hadn't already passed.

Stash Bee Hive 3 June 2015 Block

Due to my lack of internet and crummy phone service that didn't support data, I had copied down the instructions when I visited a place with wi-fi.  However, I did not realize the importance of which side of fabric faces up or down when cutting the trees.  Therefore, my background is a little scrappier than everyone else's blocks.  I hope you don't mind!

Square Dance Quilt

The quilt I am most proud of is my Stash Bee Quilt from last year.  I love this quilt so much, and am planning on hanging it by my machine once I get my sewing area set up.

I also expanded this quilt into a pattern that includes 6", 8" and 10" blocks.  The 8" block was what we used for the Stash Bee version of this quilt.  It is available on Craftsy here.

Now to move on to July's block! I just have to unpack my fabric first... too bad setting up the kitchen so we can eat, and bedrooms so we can sleep and get dressed are a higher priority!

1 comment:

Toni said...

The quilt turned out beautifully! So glad you shared it here for us to see. Now to see if I can pick out my block!

I also love the Christmas tree block. Such a cute design.