Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Finished Quilt "up north at the cabin"

Stash Bee April 2015 Hive 8

2015,Stashbee,hive8,finished quilt

I am so excited to see my stash bee quilt for 2015 all done and ready for gifting!! 

My original plan was for 12 cabins and larger sashing but the ladies in my hive were so generous!! I received more than the 11 blocks planned. So that idea was scrapped a new design undertaken and wallah!


But what did remain from the original plan was the handquilting using #8 Pearl cotton. I just love how fast the quilting goes with those big stitches and I adore the results!! 


As for the backing fabric I used two different cabin in the woods themed flannels that I pieced. It was so warm to sit under and quilt! Maybe not such a great July plan?!?!


My label is on but that I can't show because this is a surprise gift. Spoilers dearie 😄

It's all packed up and waiting for its recipient!


And finally a huge shout out to the wonderfully talented sewists of hive 8 for helping me create this family treasure. 

Melodee 

3 comments:

Willa said...

Delightful!!! Thanks so much for sharing!!

helenjean@midgetgemquilts said...

brilliant finish.

Melodee said...

Thanks ladies!! I've given it to my mom and she LOVES it! I'm very happy :))