Thursday, October 29, 2015

October Block for Rose - Hive 9

Hi everyone, Shauna her and I'm very happy to show my block for Rose. When I first read the tutorial I was concerned it was going to be a hard block, but it went together very quickly. My only real problem is I didn't have much blue and white fabric in my stash. But I'm always happy to shop for more fabric.


I really love the colors on this one and will definitely be getting more blue and white fabric. The combination is just so crisp and clean looking. Now Rose question was did I start out quilting or am I a late comer. Well years and years and years ago my sister-in-law and I took a quilting class together, but it was hand quilting and I just didn't get into it. Then in 2007 my sister and I took a couple of classes and really loved it, but then our mom got ill and there just wasn't enough hours in the day. When my mom passed away in 2013 we decided to try again. Since I'm old, I'm saying I came to it late. My grandmother quilted when I was young, but when she was around I just didn't have desire to learn, but boy do I wish I had. I may have started late in life, but I have jumped in all the way. Now I have to get to the post office tomorrow and all will be good.

No comments: