Thursday, October 1, 2015

Hive 1 October Bookshelf blocks for Lyssa

Ladies,

I am so grateful for your help with this quilt, and so excited to see the various fabrics and designs that come in-Thank you! Hopefully, you have all received the fabric I mailed to use as background fabric. If not, please let me know as soon as possible.

As soon as I read Ruth's post in January, my Queen Bee choice was made! It reminded me of a favorite birthday gift that hangs in my kitchen.


 I love this block and will be delighted to see your themed bookshelves. If possible, please include her addition of a fussy cut item you would find on a book shelf.

Please make a 12 1/2" x 16 1/2" block. If it's a little larger, I'm happy to trim it. Here are pictures of the blocks I've made/am in the process of making:




As a little introduction, my name is Lyssa Jane. After moving from Palo Alto, CA, our family lives in the foothills of the beautiful, rugged mountains surrounding the Salt Lake valley in Utah. We are within 20 minutes of 4 world-class ski resorts. My husband and I have 3 sons and a daughter with whom I enjoy spending time. As young adults and teenagers, they bring so much fun and laughter! Published in an earlier post is a picture of our Golden Doodle, Molly.  She is VERY devoted!

I work as a dental office manager after being a full-time mom for 25 years.  Previously, I have owned a pop-up home decor boutique with my sisters, owned a home-baked bread delivery service in which I baked and delivered 60-72 loaves of specialty bread 1 day per week, and am an independent Norwex consultant.

 I serve the youth in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (the Mormons), and enjoy my time with them. In addition to sewing, I love gardening, baking, hiking, skiing, biking, reading, playing board games, gnomes, the beach, collecting dishes, traveling, waterskiing, and hosting dinner parties.

My question for each of you is (again, taken from another hive):  If I visited your hometown, where would you take me as my tour guide?

No comments: