Saturday, May 14, 2016

May Hive 6 Block for Carolyn

Carolyn's blocks should be in her possession as I type. :) I made and sent two blocks. The first block was a test. And test it did! First, this was the maiden voyage of my newest baby, a Singer 99K! She's a beauty don't you think?
The stitches are beautiful! Carolyn, check out that test block's stitches! :) Even though that test block had some geese placement issues in terms of fabrics not being disbursed well, the block turned out exactly the right size and I decided to send it along. It also tested out my flying geese making skills... like really tested them. But I'm happy to say that they all turned out the right size and proportion, test taken and passed! 

Here is my second block. This one was made on my 'new fangled' regular computerized machine. Why? Because I don't have a 1/4 inch foot for the 99K (yet!) and getting that block sewn together was a bit of a nightmare.

Hope you like it, Carolyn! I cannot wait to see your quilt, it is going to be spectacular!!

Judy@QuiltParadigm


2 comments:

June D said...

Beautiful fabrics and colors!

Carolyn said...

You blocks arrived last week and I absolutely love them! Thank you so much for making two! And I love one was made on your vintage machine. I love my vintage machines :-)