Thursday, May 12, 2016

Hive 5 - Erin's Tiny Tannenbaum

Hello to all the Hive 5 Bees,

What a surprise to get to dig through my Christmas fabric in May!  I usually wait until December to think about a holiday quilt and by then it's too late.  So kudos to Erin for thinking ahead.  I enjoyed digging deep into my greens as well, very satisfying.

Detail of some Michael Miller retro style fabric I found.


And I made more than 1 because it really is just as easy to make 2 or 3 as it is to make 1.

Erin, I hope your move to FL is as easy and fun and making these blocks!  Okay, that's some pretty wishful thinking.  I do hope it goes smoothly for you and hope you enjoy the sunshine state.

Another photo of one of the blocks with a super cute kitten.

Enjoy your Christmas quilt blocks. 
Best, 
Susan



3 comments:

June D said...

What fun details you found in the fabrics. This was a good way to use them too!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, what a cute vintage style Christmas stash you have!! And three blocks!! I'm too too lucky!! Thank you SOOOO very much! I just cannot wait to see these in person! <3 -Erin

Patty said...

Thank you, Susan for making an Angel Block for me. I appreciate it so much! Patty