Friday, May 26, 2017

Blocks for Susan

I made these blocks about a week ago and have been waiting for a sunny day  to take photos.  Looks like that's not going to happen anytime soon and it's getting late in the month so I took photos yesterday, rainy day.

I pulled some fabrics from my stash and made this block .... 


Well, my stash is mostly in the green-blue-violet range and when I looked at the block I thought it didn't look too scrappy since it was all blues.  So I made another block ....


 This one is better though it still has a lot of blue and green.   I'm sending both to you, Susan, and maybe the all blue one will fit in or not.  They're in today's mail.
 


Here's my sewing space on a rainy day here in the western NC mountains with the lights on.


Judy Rognstad
from the House Above Heck Creek 
 

3 comments:

Cheshire's Designs said...

Lovely blocks!

Susan said...

I am excited about both blocks. Your sewing space has great lights. You would think that with all the windows you wouldn't need too much artificial lights, but I totally get dreary and shady days.

margaret said...

so good to have found your blog great block and I love scrap quilts will love seeing what you are up to