Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Hive 9 November Block for Erin

Thanks for Erin for choosing such a bright, fun block this month.  It was a great chance to refresh my knowledge of hue, shade, tint and tone.  I initially thought it would be easy to pull 'hue' fabrics from my stash as I love bright colors.  Imagine my surprise when it turned out that most of my stash falls under 'shade'!  I did have enough 'hue' fabrics to pull together a couple of blocks.







 Erin's question for the month:  What experience have you had that initially seemed like 

it would be a great burden in your life but ultimately it transformed your life in a way that you are now grateful for?

For me that would have to be a lifetime of moving.  I am a person who does not like change, so to have grown up moving numerous times, only to marry and move 18 times in 36 years was quite the challenge for me.  Now that I am on the back side of that, I can see how it has made me into a more adventurous and open minded person than I ever would have been had I stayed in one place.  It all happens for a reason! 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, they are so pretty!! I LOVE them!! Thank you!!