Thursday, November 19, 2015

Hive 2 November blocks for Helen

These blocks were great fun after I figured out the selvedge thing.  I cut a few too small before I realized I had to add some extra into the fabric so they showed enough fabric.

I loved all the freedom with these blocks, any size, any color, any size strip.  I didn't feel like I was going to make them wrong!  LOL.  I think putting these colorful blocks in an array of sizes on a neutral background will look fantastic.  I can't wait to see the finished quilt.

When I make mistakes, I usually rip them out.  Unless they are a happy accident!  Sometimes the mistake looks good enough to keep, and in that case I will keep it.  For me quilting is relaxing, and personally I find ripping out seams relaxing too, so I don't mind ripping them all and starting again.  It is all good therapy!

-Jennifer in Delaware, USA
qisforquilts.com

1 comment:

helenjean@midgetgemquilts said...

glad you enjoyed the making Jenifer!