Wednesday, January 6, 2016

January 2016 block for Diana

Hello!
This is my first quilting bee, and I was a bit nervous to do this block for Diana as I don't have a lot of Christmasy fabrics. I think it turned out well, and I hope that she's pleased with it!



 Stash Bee Q&A


1. Name: Sarah



2. Where you live: Smack in the middle of Georgia



3. Tell us about your family:  My husband works for the military and I have two children, a girl, 9 and a boy, 6



4. Tell us about your pets: We a chihuahua/ pug (chug) dog named Sparky



5. How long have you been quilting? I started serious quilting last year. and small projects on and off for the last 20 years or so.



6. What crafts do you do other than quilting: I like to crochet as well.



7. Fabric line you want to buy next: I don't have a particular line that I'm wanting...




8. Preferred quilting method (FMQ, long arm, hand, etc.): 

I've always just done the bare necessity on my standard machine until last year when I made friends with a long arm quilter... now that's my way to go!



9. Where we can find you on social media: I'm on instagram, but I rarely post sewing projects.



10. Favorite book: I love the Outlander series. I enjoy the audio book version as I can accomplish other things while working.



11. Favorite show to binge watch: I don't really have time to binge watch TV...

5 comments:

Puppilalla said...

Hi Sarah,
I think you did well. It turned out a very pretty block. And I'm smitten with your cathedral window low volume there in the background.
All the best
Puppilalla

mumziepooh said...

Ooo - I love this idea for a Christmas quilt. This turned out great!

DaisyChain said...

That's really very striking. I'm sure she'll be delighted!

Unknown said...

I really like your block! Especially the dark greens in it. I've started mine and didn't have dark green - hope it looks okay with yours!

Diana @ Red Delicious Life said...

Sarah, I absolutely love everything about it. The placement of the reds, the shades of greens and the low volumes. It's perfect!!! Thank you!!