Monday, January 18, 2016

Block for Laura

Here's your block Laura, I hope you like it. I have been out of town for the past week, but I hope to mail it by Wednesday.
Since we are supposed to introduce ourselves this month...here goes: I live in DeLand, Florida which is about half way between Orlando and Daytona Beach. It's a small college town (Stetson Univ.) and we love it here. I have a husband and two grown daughters. My oldest daughter lives down the street (literally) which is handy because she is a quilter and we often compare or just admire each other's work, or I ask for help. My youngest daughter lives a few miles away and she is the mom to my two favorite little people - my grandsons: Grant (6 years old) and Camden (4 years old).  We love to travel and my husband travels for work so we don't have any pets. I have sewn since I was a little girl, but I have only quilted for a couple of years. My oldest daughter got me into it. Although I have done many crafts in the past, I really just quilt now. I don't have a long arm, so when I quilt it's on my Viking.  My next fabric purchase is Good Hair Day because my quilting daughter owns her own hair salon and I would love to make her a quilt. My daughter and I are both in the Orlando Modern Quilt Guild (along with Tanyia from the Bee). My daughter's Michael Miller challenge quilt was accepted into QuiltCon so we are going to Pasadena in February!! Super excited about that. 
I'm on Pinterest (Patti Lapinsky), Instagram (pattil712) and Facebook (Patti Stamos Lapinsky). 
I love to read. The last good book I read was "The Girl on the Train" but my favorite book of all time is "The Poisonwood Bible".  I'm not a big TV watcher, but I do like The Voice and Big Bang Theory.
Happy sewing!!

No comments: