Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Hive 1 block for Alison

I am super excited to  be a part of the Stash Bee this year, for the first time. I had fun making this block for Alison. I had a little trouble with sizing in the end... but a good starch and stretch got it almost exact. I think it looks cute and was glad to have a chance to try out a pineapple block.

1. Name: Tanyia
2. Where you live: Sanford, Florida. It is about 20 minutes northish of Orlando
3. Tell us about your family: I am married to my high school sweetheart. We have three kids together ages Kayla is 23, Sam is 17, and Becca 14.
4. Tell us about your pets: We also have 3 kitties Tesla, Riley, and Jay and a doggie named Ginger.
5. How long have you been quilting? I have been quilting for about 5 or 6 years now but only within the past two have I been really learning and trying. It has been amazing!
6. What crafts do you do other than quilting? None any more. I used to do digital scrapbooking as well and some general crafts here and there. But I really found a passion for quilting.
7. Fabric line you want to buy next: Hmm... I don't usually hold out lol. But I do want to get a big FQ bundle of Vintage Picnic. I love Bonnie and Camille.
8. Preferred quilting method (FMQ, long arm, hand, etc.): I only use my domestic machine, but I did recently learn to long arm at a friend's and I am pretty sure I will be visiting her often in the future!
9. Where we can find you on social media: I am on Facebook but really on for reading groups. The best place to find me is on Instagram. My user name is beebsinwonderland  I am an IG junkie and am on and off of there all day usually.
10. Favorite book: I could never pick a favorite book. I love to read. Right now I am reading "Always Watching" by Chevy Stevens.
11. Favorite show to binge watch: I am always watching Netflix while I am sewing. Right now I am watching Season 1 of Gotham. But favorites would be Grey's Anatomy, NCIS, I really love crime and medical dramas most I think. 

Anyway, here is my block. I am looking forward to next month! 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute block!!! Those pineapples are so cheery.