Saturday, January 2, 2016

Hive #1--Pineapple Block


Here is the block I made for Alison ... it was fast and pushed my plain yellow stash to its limits =)  I have lots of other yellows, but with other color accents.  It's lighter than I wanted, but it turned out OK.  Can't wait to see how you work this cheerful block into your whole!

1. Name:  Heather Karr
2. Where you live:  Springfield, Oregon
3. Tell us about your family:  This year I'll celebrate my 24th anniversary.  We have 3 children: 18, 15 and 13.
4. Tell us about your pets:  Up until a couple of weeks ago, we had 2 cats who were born in our home about 5 years ago now.  Over winter break my oldest adopted a puppy from a friend and he is a doll--Great Pyrenees/Anatolian mix.  I swear he's grown at least 6 inches in the last week ...
5. How long have you been quilting?  I've been quilting almost 5 years now.  When I started blogging, I found the quilting blogs and re-fell in love.  I didn't know anyone who could teach me growing up, but with the online community I could teach myself--so liberating!
6. What crafts do you do other than quilting?  I crochet mostly, sew clothing, toll paint (just a little) and someday I'll finish scrapbooks for my kiddos.
7. Fabric line you want to buy next:  Since I started my new job last fall, I've been splurging and now feel quite satisfied with my collection =)  That said, I am still crushing on Carolyn Friedlander's Doe.  It would make a good quilt for the boy ...
8. Preferred quilting method (FMQ, long arm, hand, etc.):  I mostly stick to straight line quilting on my home machine; if I want anything fancy I send it out to the longarmer.  Someday I hope to have the space to get my own longarm to play on in my free time.
9. Where we can find you on social media:  areformedheathn.blogspot.com is my blog, but I also check into Instagram (areformedheathn) and Facebook (Heather H. Karr).  I'm on Flickr, too, but never really check it.
10. Favorite book:  This one is hard because I'm a big reader and I used to work in a bookstore ... I love classics like To Kill a Mockingbird (both as a student and a teacher,) but I read police mystery and suspense when I get the chance.  I also love cookbooks and sewing books (of course.)
11. Favorite show to binge watch:  Netflix is great.  I recently finished NCIS.  I love that genre--I also own Bones and Alias on DVD, so I often turn to those too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very Cute!!!