Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Peace and Truffula Trees

After a minor set-back in my block construction (you can read about here) which made Sunni and Danny laugh at me - a lot - I rallied and finished my blocks for January just in time to start February :)

The first tree is a "peace tree". I found this pillow below, and based it on that.



I wanted color though, so started with this but it seemed too plain.


So I added a few more, and the "grass" under the tree.


I really like the way it turned out. Next I made these...



Truffula trees!! I thought it was good time, what with The Lorax coming out this week in its updated version. Here is a close-up:


These are the originals:



Finally, my signature blocks. I used one of the example blocks posted when they were first brought up. It's 5" square. Hope you enjoy them, Sunni :D




5 comments:

Julie said...

Love your blocks :)

Cindy said...

Great job Lisa!

kinter said...

Those are super cute and your siggie block is so unique!!

Second Chance Tan said...

These are lovely, and I really love the peace tree...... this quilt is going to be amazing

Jsoosay said...

Those truffula trees are awesome! The Lorax is my favorite.