Thursday, June 1, 2017

June, Hive 3, tutorial

Hello Hive 3, I'm Rose and I am happy to be Queen Bee for June. This should be a busy month for me so I'm getting this set to go early. My 1st Granddaughter is due June 1st, and we are so excited. 
Any way, my block, I loved this block when I first found it and knew it was just what I was looking for. It is called "Scrap bin geese", from Andy at "A Bright Corner" blog. I loved the greens that she use on her Scrap bin geese tutorial , But I couldn't just stay with one color. Her tutorial is great, just use it step by step.
     Update..Ellie Rose was born May 19th. A little early but  Mom and baby  are doing great. 

I thought I would add some other colors to the mix. So I used turquoise/aqua, corals, yellows and of course greens. These are the 4 colors I would like you to use.  I am lucky we sort our scraps by color, that made it much easier.



I used medium to dark grey prints. I have a lot of grey as you can see from the pictures.


I also use low volume prints. 


What you will need for one block is 
12 (2.5 "squares) in one of the four  colors 
6 (2.5 X 6.5) medium to dark grey prints strips
6 (2.5 X 6.5) low volume strips.
This makes a 12.5 " block. 


Try to use as many different fabrics as you can, but it is okay  to repeat, I like most fabrics and batiks are great too.



 The grey and low volume sides can be switched, either left or right. I hope you have fun with it.


This is a few that I started with. I think this will be  fun quilt. 
Thanks to all. 
Have a great month. 


6 comments:

Lisa J. said...

It looks beautiful and congratulations on the new grand daughter!

Bethany said...

I love this block so much. I almost chose it for my month as queen bee!! Good luck!

Rose Braun said...

Thanks Lisa, our little granddaughter is a joy!
Bethany, this is a great block, I love it.

Unknown said...

I love this block Rose!!

LisaStorm323 said...

Congrats on your new granddaughter! This block looks like a lot of fun - I can't wait to try it!

Rose Braun said...

Tracy, I received your block today. It is beautiful, Thanks so very much.