Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Hive 9 Block for Kim from Yvonne

Kim asked us to make a very scrappy block this month. I dove into my scrap bin and started cutting and placing 2-inch squares on my design wall. When I made it through the bin I was pleased when I had just enough different fabrics to complete a block! I had a bit fewer options for the white on white corners, so there is a repeat in there.


We received 5 inches of snow at my home on Sunday, and I just couldn't resist taking the block out to see how it looked against the fresh white snow.


Thanks for the fun block and tutorial, Kim. This block is headed your way and I look forward to seeing how your quilt comes together!

1 comment:

Kim @ TiesThatBindQuilting said...

Love it! And the white on white totally disappears against the snow!