Saturday, February 3, 2018

A January Star for Paulette - Hive 4

Paulette (Hive 4) asked for a Star for her block last month.

Here's the one I made for her. You can find her tutorial with pattern here.


She asked for scrappy backgrounds predominately in one color with a contrasting fabric for the star. This star looks much better in person. The yellow on the top left is darker than it appears here.

What I Learned Today:
  1. Some tasks take more mental energy if left undone. This block came together quickly once I decided on which colors and fabrics to use.
  2. The U.S. Post Office doesn't estimate how long it will take mail to get to Canada.
  3. Mailing this block wasn't as expensive as I thought it might be. It cost only $1.42 which included a 21 cent "non-machine surcharge". The postal clerk hand wrote that on the envelope. Hopefully, it will arrive safely. This is the first time I've encountered that.
  4. Some fabrics just don't seem to photograph well. Maybe I should photograph my fabric choices to help me decide which ones to use before cutting and sewing them together.
Question: Do you photograph your fabric selections before you decide which fabrics to use? 

Thanks for stopping by. If you enjoyed this post and would like to read more about my journey or follow me, please visit my blog, Tu-Na Quilts, Travels, and Eats.

Karen, Tu-Na Quilts

2 comments:

time4stitchn said...

Dang. My cost was far more. But definitely worth it. Love the red and yellow.

mumziepooh said...

Posting Texas to Canada today - we shall see. I do photograph some fabric choices but only when I want to see contrasts and values - I take the pic in black and white. Tells me a lot. My pink block photographed purple and red but it isn't - there are just limitations between photography colors and printed colors.