Thursday, February 1, 2024

Hive 7 Tutorial for February - Scrapy Strip Block

Last year I requested blocks to make a plus quilt of rainbow colors. 

Here is the link: July 2023 Tutorial

I want to jazz it up, so I am requesting 9.5 in blocks each with a single color theme.

Pick one of these colors and dig out your scraps!  

Jelly rolls work really good for this.

 


Cut a bunch of strips with a length of at least 9.5 in and a width varying from 1 in to 3 inches.

Here are my red themed scraps:




After sewing all the strips together, press to one side:



Your block most likely will have uneven ends.  Please cut based on the smallest strip.  The goal is to be 9.5 inches or over, but bigger is fine:


Here is what my sample looks like at the end of the day.  It is a bit bigger than 9.5, but that is fine.


I look forward to seeing your blocks and incorporating them into my quilt!

-Jennifer


No comments: