Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Hive 1 - April Diamond Star for Rita



Not gonna lie, I was super intimidated to try this FPP block since it was something I'd never done before. I watched the tutorial videos online, I read thru the instructions multiple times, but I knew I'd just have to jump in and do it. It was so much simpler than I imagined! Once I got going on one template, sewing up the other 3 took no time at all. The one tip I found useful in the tutorials was to use a card/cardstock for the template folds. That really helped keep my lines crisp. 


I went a little retro-inspired with the colors since that's the vibe the pattern gave me. I can't wait to see what Rita does with her pieces!


Thank you Rita for giving me a new skill. Your diamond is in the mail!  😊


--Nicole
 

1 comment:

Rita Geyermann said...

Hi Nicole,
Thank you so much for attempting this block! And even more thanks for sewing all 4 parts!!
The fabric choice is perfect! This will be such a cheerful quilt, can't wait!
Take care,
Rita