Monday, March 1, 2021

Hive 6 March Tutorial- Red Scrappy Stamps


Welcome to March!!!  I am Jan and live in SC, where the sun is starting to shine.  I transplanted two years ago from frigid and snowy Michigan.  Hope you are each enjoying some sunshine and warmer weather.  Those of you in the Southern Hemisphere, enjoy your fall weather.

I am turning into a scrappy 2.5" quilting lady, been quilting for a bit over five years, and in bees for the last four years.   

Whenever I bought fabric collections, layer cakes, charm packs or bundles, I also bought a mini charm pack.  Earlier this year I put together a stamp quilt using all those packs.  I used 1600 2.5 x 2.5 blocks.  It made 25 8x8 blocks.

I love this quilt, so last year I requested blue fabric stamp blocks.  This turned out beautiful and so cozy.  I use it daily on my couch.




This year I am looking for the same block, new color.  This year I am looking for red.


It will be an easy block, twenty five 2.5 x 2.5 pieces.  If you have a variety of reds that will be great.


Cut 25 2.5 x 2.5 fabrics.  I know that the rules say no more than 10 fabrics.  Dig through your scraps.  If you have more than 10 and want to get rid of a few, you can use more than 10.  If you don't have ore than 10 that is ok.  Put together 5 rows of 5 pieces.  Put those rows together for one block.

If each row uses the same fabrics not a problem, no need to sew the rows together.  Just send the 5 rows and I will mix things up when I get them.  Also, no need to iron or trim your rows.

Here are the reds that I have in my stash.   If they are whites with reds a small amount of that is good, maybe one piece per row of 6.

Try to stay away from pinks and deep burgundys.

 
Put my five rows together.

And quickly we have a block.


Looking forward to seeing everyone's reds!!



No comments: