Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Hive 3: January 2020 Tutorial - Pumpkin Block

Hello and Happy New Year!  I am so happy that Stash Bee has begun another year!

I need {true story} a fall quilt.....not Halloween, I have a few of those  :)   Just a fall quilt.  I decided to make my block for this month super easy pumpkins!   Here's what I came up with:





What you'll need:

6 - 1.5" orange strips (all shades of orange - whatever is in your stash)
4 - 1.5" squares off white/cream
2 - 1.5"  strips off white/cream
1 small piece of brown for stem

Sew the strips together, press and trim piece to 5.5" by 6.5".





Draw pencil line across small squares.  Add to each corner and sew on line.  Trim and press. Trim again if needed.




Sew cream strips to brown stem.  Press.  Center strip on top of pumpkin.  Sew.  Trim.  The block finishes at a 6.5" square.  I'd love for you to make two if you can.


 (my stem is off center a bit - I'm so okay with that!)



If you don't have a variety of orange prints, just use one color cutting the fabric 5.5" x 6.5" like this:



You can get as creative as you want with these....I did one pumpkin like a log cabin.  Don't think too hard with this!  I'm going to love what you send me!

This is what's on my design board:



While I'm not exactly sure where I'm going with this, I'm sure I will put all your pumpkins to good use creating a unique fall quilt for my family to love.

Peace to all,

Laura

No comments: