Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Tu-Na Quilts: Block for Kristi in Hive 4


Happy Fall to you all! This is one snazzy block for Kristi. I think the quilt will be gorgeous!!

This is a Granny's Choice Block. Kristi wants it untrimmed so here it is. You can find her tutorial here.

It will be in the mail tomorrow. Thanks, Kristi, for introducing me to this block. Now I want a whole quilt of them.

What I Learned Today:

  1. Being in a Bee Swap was supposed to satiate my appetite for a variety of blocks but instead my list of those I want to make into quilts has grown.
  2. I've been going thru old emails and discovered I sent Carolyn (Queen from September) her delightfully beautiful block (see a pic of it here) to her old address. I hope she still gets it.
  3. Technology is handy when you have it. I had over 3000 emails while I was gone to Europe for a month. With little to no internet, I am just now getting to some and I am only half way through September.
  4. I am now knee-deep into dealing with our apple harvest. Meaning we still have 67 cloth grocery bags left from the 250 that we started with. We were up to our eyeballs then! They have been sold, given away, cidered,
    dried,
    sauced.
    eaten fresh,
    diced into several salads, turned into several varieties of apple pies
    and lots of apple crisp. This afternoon half a bag will meet the crockpot for some apple butter. 
  5. The neighbors all have apple trees that produced abundantly, too.
  6. The deer are not eating them anymore.
Question: Help!! I need more ideas on what to make with apples or how to use them up. What do you suggest?

Thanks for stopping by and do come again.
Karen, Tu-Na Quilts

If you'd like to read more about me or read about my adventures and misadventures in quilting, traveling, and cooking, please visit my blog, Tu-Na Quilts, Travels, and Eats. You're welcome to join my reading family by subscribing to follow me using one of the three ways: Wordpress, Bloglovin, or email found on my sidebar on my blog (if viewing on a mobile phone, just keep on scrolling down).

1 comment:

scraps125 said...

Thanks for making time for the block. Kristi might get the scent of cinnamon...?
Welcome back.