Sunday, October 21, 2018

Changes in Store for StashBee 2019

 

Can you believe that we are nearing the end of Stash Bee this year? That means it's time to start thinking about next year. I've actually been thinking about it for quite a few months already. This was a year of firsts for the bee, notably adding Instagram and Facebook hives, both of which were very successful.  Running this bee for the last 2 years has been a great experience for me but it's time for me to decide where I want to go next on my quilting journey. I bought a long arm back in 2016 and I'm gearing up to start my own business. My son is getting older and is getting more involved in extracurricular activities. I'm taking on new responsibilities at a job that I absolutely love. These are all the reasons why I felt it was time to hand over the reigns to someone new. Or two someones, as the case may be. Alanna, the mama from Hive 3, and Laura, the mama from Hive 7 have graciously offered to take over co-hosting the bee for next year. They are both amazing quilters who are going to bring a fresh new outlook on the bee and I can't wait for next year.

So thank you for letting me be a part of this bee journey with all of you and please welcome Alanna and Laura!









Diana @ Red Delicious Life

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello!
My name is Laura VanVleet and this will be my fourth year with Stash Bee.  I live on a little lake in northern Michigan with my husband and two naughty cats.  I work for the Post Office and I'm also a proud Grammie of an energetic 8 year old and 1 year old.  The past two years I've been Hive #7 Mama and I'm really looking forward to sharing the admin position with Alanna in 2019.

Laura @ laura4448


Hello!
My name is Alanna Schroeder and 2019 will be my third year in Stash Bee. I live in Fort St John, which is a small city in Northeastern British Columbia (about 14 hour drive north of Vancouver, BC). Quilting is a fantastic hobby for living in the north because it helps keep me warm! I live with my boyfriend and my rescue dog, Indi.

I still think of myself as a fairly new quilter, and I love Stash Bee because it has helped me learn so many new blocks, and given me a sense of community- I have loved getting to know other quilters from around the world! This last year I was the Hive Mama for Hive #3. I am looking forward to working with Laura to keep Stash Bee running for 2019.












 
Alanna @Blanketfort.quilts


3 comments:

Emily said...

Thanks for all you've done for Stash Bee in the past two years, Diana! Looking forward to 2019 with Laura and Alanna!

Francis Paul said...

Thank you for running teh Stash Bee for the last two years and good luck with your future adventures!

And welcome to the two new ´ladies in charge´ :-)

marthamatics said...

Diana,

Thank you for all of the time and effort you have put into this Stash Bee.

Your immediate responsiveness was wonderful when I was first getting on board.

Providing this opportunity for quilt enthusiasts is so very much appreciated.

Enjoy your new endeavors!!!