Saturday, September 3, 2016

Stormy Saturday Sewing for Sherry

Living in Central North Carolina, we were just on the outskirts of the path that Tropical Storm Hermine followed along the Atlantic coast. We had 4" of rain, a few hours of power outage, and the lawn is a soggy mess but we weathered everything quite well. The overall grey of the day and the dampness of the outdoors gave me a wonderful excuse to hide away in my sewing room for the morning. I'll admit to not starting laundry "just in case the power gets spotty". Same excuse for not cooking either! No guilt; more quilt!

I enjoyed Sherry's quick little block and look foward to seeing her finished top with all of these color-study blocks. I have loads of blenders on hand and chose red for this block because I really wanted to fussy-cut that asian print.




2 comments:

ANNA said...

Te envio mi blog de poesia por si quieres criticar.
Gracias
http://anna-historias.blogspot.com.es/2016/09/vacaciones.html?m=1

Sherry said...

I love your fabrics! Thank you.