Sunday, March 20, 2016

Hive 5 March Bee Blocks for Jane!! Giddy Up Partner!!

Jane requested these cowpoke blocks for March! I always say it's easier to make 2 blocks instead of just one, so here are the dear fellas!!

This first one is my more traditional farmhand. I think I have something for Polka dots right now! I had a few cutting issues, but make it work!  The green vests match the polka dots!!



This one reminds me of the Apple Dumpling Gang. Have any of you seen it? It is so funny, from the 1970s. Harry Morgan (also Colonel Potter on MASH) says "I don't need no checker pants lawyer telling me the law!: That line just kept running through my head as I made this one! I love that movie by the way, it's got Don Knott and Tim Conway in it, alot of slap stick. 


Little Debbie helped me with this project. :0)



2 comments:

Jane Holbrook said...

First of all: you have a cat named Debbie?? That is a great name. Makes me smile. I LOVE the Apple Dumpling Gang, and that may be the name of this quilt. I love your checker pants sheriff. Thanks, Jacquie (sp) for the two awesome blocks. I have that same polka dot and lot it, love the mustard yellow. Oh man I am so excited about this quilt.

Jacque T said...

Jane Holbrook, I am so glad you like your blocks! Yes, the good old days of the Apple Dumpling Gang! Such a fun movie!! I had named the kitty Delilah first, but my boys started calling her Little Debbiee and it stuck. It suits her so much better. These farm boys here also love Little Debbie Nutty Bars and Oatmeal Cream Pies when out hunting.. :)