Monday, April 6, 2015

Hive 7 April block for Shari

It’s Carla, from Granny Maud’s Girl.

This month, we were set scrap jar star blocks by Shari of Doohikey Designs. She mentioned a fondness for Bonnie and Camille, so I tried to use some of their fabrics and those that had a similar bright and happy feel. I repeated the fabrics in the points of the stars as it is easier to cut squares than single half-square triangles, but no fabric used in the little squares is repeated.



I gatecrashed my way into Hive 3 for Heather of QA Creations. Heather wanted any twelve-inch block in red, tan, white and black so I recycled the same pattern used by Chelsea of Patch the Giraffe last month.


Then, how could I not also gatecrash Hive 5 and make a block for Rebecca of One Wee Bird? Rebecca and I are part of the Possum Magic round robin group and also part of the Compass Quilters bee. We might not have actually met, but we sew a lot together.


Shari asked us where our dream vacation would be and why. I had some amazing overseas holidays last year in Japan and in Spain, and I have been lucky enough to have had other dream vacations in places like France and Oman. This year, I planned to stay home and avoid having to sit in an aeroplane for more than 24 hours each way, which makes my rear end go numb! However, I am sure I will get itchy feet again soon. The world is full of amazing places, but I always prefer holidays in countries and cities that are rich in culture, history, art galleries, food and new languages to holidays that involve sitting on a beach and doing nothing in the sun.



5 comments:

dq said...

As soon as I saw the post I knew it was yours without even looking at the name. Good job, Carla (as usual). I love that you hive jump.

barbara woods said...

love your blocks

SewLiab said...

Look at that piecing precision!!!! Wow!

DoohikeyDesign said...

You are a worldwide traveler! I wished I have traveled as much as you!

Thank you for the beautiful blocks! :)

historypak said...

I am very much pleased with the contents you have mentioned. I wanted to thank you for this great article. dream vacations