Friday, April 13, 2012

The tree that almost killed me.

Okay so I am being dramatic. At no point during the construction of Tara's block was  my life actually in danger. My sanity on the other hand, was another story.  I'll spare you the details but March was basically a full month of crazy.

I thought I'd managed to get all of my bee blocks done, but this one fell through the cracks. Fortunately, Sunni is a great Bee Mama and she noticed the omission.  So, better late than never, here is my fun little pieced tree for Tara.  I wasn't working off a diagram or pattern, so I had a hard time wrapping my brain around the angles for this one, but it was nothing a little time with a seam ripper couldn't resolve.


uggghhh how i loathe thee seam ripper 

I  think it was worth the trouble. This is, truly and honestly, my favorite bee block to date. I hope it's recipient will find it (and an extra little surprise) worth the wait.  And thanks again to Sunni for reminding me to make it!!
Stash Bee March 2012 - Improv Pieced Tree

5 comments:

Annie said...

This IS a great block! That fabric you used for the tree trunk and branches is perfect. The whole piece is very cool!

Tara said...

I love this!! Definitely worth waiting for. You did an awesome job on the patchwork on the tree-- wow! Thank you!

ritainalaska said...

grreat piecing! congrats on a great block!

LYNN said...

Nice work! Love the fabric/color choices.

laurel said...

this is so exciting to look at!