Monday, April 9, 2012

Hive #3 - blocks for Debby (sorry for being late!) and Beth

Hi everyone,

finally catching up with my "internet life" and being able to post these blocks!
First, Debby - so sorry for being late, March kinda ran away from me in many ways... :(
But - blocks are in the mail (I sent them on Saturday). These were fun to make, and I sent you all that I was able to make from the full strip-set:
And here they are with the signature block:
So, being quite upset that I was late for March, I figured maybe somewhat a remedy will be to do my April blocks early - so here are my chevron blocks for Beth - these were fun to make and like popcorn - you can't make just one! Hope you will have fun with these Beth :



I didn't make these by cutting 5" squares though - I have my favorite method to make half-square triangles, using Thangles. You start from strips and I had some already, so it was done in no time! Bellow you can see the strip of Thangles I used.

Anyone else like Thangles? (not associated with them at all of course, just like them)


  I really enjoyed making both sets of blocks and really, really can't wait to see beautiful quilts made from them!
Have a great spring everyone,

Marija

3 comments:

Back River Designs said...

There great thanks. Love Aprils too.

Beth@seasonsofhome said...

I've never actually used thangles but I'll definately try them out when I put together more blocks for my quilt. Thanks you so much!

Anonymous said...

I have a friend who LOVES thangles and swears by them. Great job Marija! Don't worry, March flew by for me, too!