Sunday, April 15, 2012

Gothic Windows Group 1 April Block Done!

I struggled a little with my block this month. I joined the stash bee because I have wanted to be a part of a bee for ages and this seemed perfect as using my own stash would really keep the costs down.

Trouble is this month I didn't have any of the right fabric, except a small amount of yellow solid. I also had zero money to buy fabric this month. A lovely kind friend came to my rescue and dug though her stash and gave me some yellow/grey print and black solid.

Unfortunately she only had enough for me to make one block, I hope this doesn't spoil your quilt plans CeLynn. I will get it in the post this week (before our postage charges go up in the UK!)



2 comments:

The Sunflower Patch said...

So sorry to cause you problems on your first month :(
One block is totally fine,I will not make plans until all the blocks have arrived.
I Love the one you made,can't wait to get it!

Anonymous said...

Oh no! I was a little bit in the same boat as you. I had a little yellow and gray and then was able to wing the rest with just grey prints. Your block turned out very cool! Great way to be resourceful! 3 cheers for Emily's friend that came to the rescue!