Monday, January 25, 2016

Hive 9 Block for Yvonne



Hi I am super excited to be a part of the stash bee, as it is my first time doing anything like this at all. Here is my January block. 
So here is a little about myself: my name is Kristi Russell.
I live in the beautiful Pacific Northwest in Edmonds, Washington (about 10 miles outside of Seattle). 
I am single, but am close with my family that includes two married sisters, 3 nieces and 1 nephew.  I am even teaching my 5 1/2 year old  and 10 year old nieces how to quilt, they love to free motion.
I do not have any pets.
I have been quilting for seven years.  In the first four years I mainly sewed by hand.  But I have since gotten a wonderful Viking (which I have named Greta). I have been machine piecing and quilting my own quilts.  I am also a member of the Seattle Modern Quilt Guild. 
I don't really do any other crafts.  I did teach myself how to crochet in college for a part I had in a play so I only know how to do two stiches. 
I work at the coolest fabric store, Circa 15 Fabric Studio.  Because of that fact I am surrounded by gorgeous fabric and new fabric all the time.  I am looking forward to Birch's Charlie Harpers Maritime.  I am also in love with Blueberry Park by Karen Lewis which I know is available, but it is my new favorite.
I would still consider myself a newbie at FMQ but I love it. 
You can find my on Instagram @kristiquilts206
My favorite books right now are by Brene Brown, really powerful stuff. 
My favorite show to binge watch is a tough one, I like watching ESPN and then Eureka, Parks and Rec and Leverage.  I also like to just listen to music. 
 
Hope that helps you get to know me a little better.  I have really been enjoying everyone's posts. 
Have a great day and I am excited about February. 

No comments: