I'm excited to be a part of Stash Bee again this year. This will be my 3rd year participating!
Here is my January block for Yvonne! I loved the tip Yvonne shared on how to make HSTs with directional prints so that everything runs the same direction in the finished block. I've never heard that before and had to test it out for this block. It worked perfectly!
And now for the "get to know you" questions:
1. Name: Kim Moyer
2. Where you live: Duluth, GA (suburbs of Atlanta)
3. Tell us about your family: I've been married to my wonderful husband, Kyle, for 5.5 years. And last May, we welcomed our daughter, Ellie. She's 7.5 months old now and recently learned to crawl. So we've been baby-proofing around our house!
4. Tell us about your pets: We have a 7 year old lab mix named Khloe that we adopted from the shelter the week we got back from our honeymoon.
5. How long have you been quilting? I started quilting in September 2013. I wanted to make a baby quilt for my cousin's new baby and decided to teach myself!
6. What crafts do you do other than quilting? Not really. I've done a tiny bit embroidery but that's it.
7. Fabric line you want to buy next: I don't tend to buy many whole fabric lines. I just pick individual prints that I really like. And I haven't been eyeing much lately as I've been trying to watch my spending.
8. Preferred quilting method (FMQ, long arm, hand, etc.): So far, I've only done straight line quilting on my domestic machine.
9. Where we can find you on social media: Blog, Instagram, Pinterest, Flickr
10. Favorite book: I really don't have a favorite book. I do a ton of reading but I don't really read the types of books that stick with you. I prefer to read mysteries/thrillers to relax instead of books I have to think about and really focus on.
11. Favorite show to binge watch: I don't usually binge watch shows but my husband and I recently got hooked on the Amazon show, The Man in the High Castle. So good!
Now I'm off to finish my block for February so I can finish up my tutorial!