What a fun block to begin the new year. It was a surprise to find how little green I have in my stash. Did I just hear someone say that even the slimmest excuse to shop is more than enough?
1. Name: Jacki Bracewell
2. Where you live: Mount Pleasant, SC
3. Tell us about your Family: My husband of 39 years and I have two grown daughters, a son-in-law, and two grandsons in high school.
4. Tell us about your pets: Currently we have a single black cat named Spooky who goes by the well-earned nickname of Mr. Stupid.
5. How long have you been quilting? I made my first quilt in 1979, but then did not make another for a decade. Since then quilting has crept up on me becoming my primary creative activity.
6. What crafts do you do other than quilting? Over the years I’ve tried almost every craft involving needle(s), thread, yarn, or fiber. At this juncture knitting is my first choice after quilting.
7. What fabric line do you want to buy next? I’m feeling a batik binge coming on soon. Bright clear colors from the red, orange, yellow side of the spectrum.
8. What is your preferred quilting method? Mostly I send larger pieces out to be done on a long arm, but in the past year I’ve started practicing my free motion work with large lap and twin size quilts. Still early days quality wise, but heck, it’s only the first 500 hundred that are hard, right?
9. Where can we find you on social media? On Flickr: bracewell, facebook: Jacalyn C Bracewell
10. What is your favorite book? I don’t really have an all-time favorite book, though I’m currently binging on Terry Pratchett and rereading Lois McMasters Bujold.
11. What is your favorite show to binge watch? English crime dramas, all of them.