Wednesday, January 6, 2016
Hive 8, January Block
Hello Hive 8 mates. I'm quite excited to be in the stash bee with you and I've enjoyed reading about you in your posts. Here's my block for Laura and here are my answers to the questions.
1. Name: Lisa
2. Where you live: Guelph, Ontario. Guelph is a small city not far from Toronto.
3. Tell us about your Family: I live with my husband Dwight. We have two adult children who live near by. One in Toronto, the other in Brantford. We will be grandparents in March.
4. Tell us about your pets. We have one cat named Benny. I would love to have a dog but don't really have the time right now.
5. How long have you been quilting? I took my first quilting class about 11 years ago. I quilted off and on at first , but in the last few years since my kids have left home I've put in a lot more hours.
6. What crafts do you do other than quilting? I do a little bit of knitting. I have been known to spin and weave, but it's quilting, sewing and blogging that take up my time at present.
7. What fabric line do you want? I haven't been paying that much attention to up coming fabric lines. I like Art Gallery Fabrics a lot, as well as Allison Glass. Lately I've been buying a lot of solids.
8. What is your preferred quilting method. I really love the look of hand quilting and I am always in awe when I go to a quilt show and see hand quilted quilts. I'm not good at it though and very slow. I'm currently working to improve my quilting skills on my domestic sewing machine, both free motion and straight line.
9. Where can we find you on social media? I blog at sunlightinwinterquilts.blogspot.ca. I'm thinking of getting an instagram account.
10. What is your favourite book? This is a hard one. I'm a member of a book club and I read all the time. I don't think I have one favourite although I love almost everything written by Miriam Toews.
Other books I loved were Middlemarch ( I forget the author), the Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver, pretty much every thing by Wally Lamb. I also love Quilting with a Modern Slant by Rachel May.
11. What is your favourite show to binge watch? I don't normally binge watch T.V. The last show I binge watched with my husband was a joint Danish/Sweedish detective series called the bridge. I binge watch shows with my daughter when she comes home. With her I've watched the Wire and The Fall.
This is me.