Stash Bee Q&A
1. Name: Jennifer
2. Where you live: Texas, in a suburb northwest of Dallas
3. Tell us about your family: My husband and I have been married for 13 years, and have three children, aged 9, 7, and 4.
4. Tell us about your pets:
We have three cats (Zarathustra "Z", Mab, and Thor), and a dog, Daisy.
5. How long have you been quilting? I started quilting last year.
6. What crafts do you do other than quilting:
I knit and bake. Knitting has taken a backseat lately, but I do have a weekly knitting group at work.
7. Fabric line you want to buy next:
Nothing in particular, I tend to buy for specific projects rather than for stash. I did get a jelly roll of Alison Glass Abacus, and like it so much I may get a fat quarter bundle too.
8. Preferred quilting method (FMQ, long arm, hand, etc.):
So far I've just used my domestic machine, but I am thinking of sending the top I am working on for my husband out to a long arm quilter. One of the local quilt shops here offers long arm classes and you can rent time on the machine, but I don't think I finish tops quickly enough to keep any skills sharp enough to do it on my own.
9. Where we can find you on social media: I'm bctex06 on flicker, but don't have an instagram or current blog.
10. Favorite book:
That's hard. I love to read, but don't think I have a favorite. A recent favorite is The Magicians, by Lev Grossman.
11. Favorite show to binge watch: