Red and white is one of my very favorite combinations for a quilt, so I was happy to see Katie's color choice. As for the block, as much as I want to love it, I don't. This block absolutely hates me! I did it last year and it took two attempts to get it right. So I figured this year it would be a cake walk. HA! Once again, it took two attempts to get the sizing right. The first attempt came in at 14" square so back to the machine to get the correct size. I do like how it turned out in the end and hope that Katie is able to use it in her quilt. Now on to the introduction questions!
1. Name: Toni
2. Where you live: Houston, TX
3. Tell us about your family: Myself, my husband of 38 years and a 28 year old daughter
4. Tell us about your pets: The current menagerie includes Xena, a 19 year old silver tabby and Bowdrie, a French Brittany bird dog. There is also Leo, daughter's college dog who spends a good deal of time with us.
5. How long have you been quilting? I began quilting about 6 years ago, but have only gotten serious about it in the past 2-3 years. This is my 3rd year to participate in Stash Bee.
6. What crafts do you do other than quilting? Sewing, travel, scrapbooking (though now I mostly do digital photo books) and baking. I've also dabbled in photography, weaving, knitting and crochet over the years...and still have all the supplies in case the urge to do them again ever hits!
7. Fabric line you want to buy next: I am on a self-imposed hiatus from fabric purchases for 2016 due to the size of my stash. However, if I were to buy something it would be Dream Weaver by Amy Butler, Water Land by Cloud 9, Chipper by Tula Pink, House of Denim by Kaufman and so many more! Now you understand why I am on a hiatus from fabric purchases!
8. Preferred quilting method (FMQ, long arm, hand, etc.): I prefer to quilt by checkbook. I have done a couple of quilts myself, tried to love FMQ and recently took a class on shashiko quilting by machine (which I did love), but my true love is the planning and piecing of a quilt top & backing. For me, it is better to support my local quilt shop for the quilting and get more quilt tops done!
9. Where we can find you on social media: Instagram: gypsygirl6923 or Flickr: gypsygirl6923
10. Favorite book: I tend to only read blogs or online articles and magazines these days and have lost all interest in fiction. From years past though, Gone With the Wind is my favorite. It is the only book I have ever read multiple times.
11. Favorite show to binge watch: House Hunters International, Anthony Bourdain Parts Unknown, and The Voice when it is on. Nothing intense, scary or crime related for me!