I had lots of fun making this block for Diana, I love anything that uses lots of low volume fabrics, and even though my stash of Christmas colors wasn't great, I found enough to make the block. I also threw in some charms of low volume fabrics for her to use if she wants to make extra blocks. It went into the mail this morning, and I think that is the earliest I've ever mailed a block!
Now on to the questions
1. Name: Shauna
2. Where you live: Denton, TX, which is just north of Dallas.
3. Tell us about your family: I’m single and currently share a house with my sister (who also quilts) and nephew. We are a motley crew, but it works.
4. Tell us about your pets: My fur babies include Hollywood, a black lab mix, who at 65 pounds shouldn’t be a lap dog, but believes that he is. Marley, a terrier mix, that we adopted in October who is still warming up to us. And lastly Zoey, a shih tzu, who believes she is a princess, but unfortunately is getting old, deaf and blind, so we are trying to love what time we have left with her.
5. How long have you been quilting? I took a quilting class with my sister-in-law over 20 years ago, but it was all hand quilting and I didn’t like it. Then in 2007 my sister and I took a class together and really fell in love with it. But my mom developed health issues, and I lost my job so we packed it away until 2012 when we both had the time and energy to start again. I just wish I had gotten into while my grandmother was still alive, she quilted and I would have loved to learn from her.
6. What crafts do you do other than quilting? I do a little counted cross-stitch, have done some loom knitting and digital scrapbooking, all of which I like, but all of which take a backseat to quilting.
7. Fabric line you want to buy next: I’m trying to sew from my stash this year, my sister and I have enough projects that we could not buy fabric for several years and still be able to sew. But I’m guessing that I will fall off the wagon at some point this year and it will most likely be for the next Tula Pink bundle because I have a major weakness for her fabrics.
8. Preferred quilting method (FMQ, long arm, hand, etc.): I have an Avante longarm, and mostly do meanders, but I’m happy with that because it gets quilts finished and that is what counts to me.
9. Where we can find you on social media: I blog at http://shaunas-world.blogspot.com and you can find me @tomosia on Instagram and Flickr.
10. Favorite book: I admit I’m a junk reader, give me a Janet Evanovich book and I’m happy. I don’t want anything that is going to make me cry or depressed. But really these days it seems most of my reading is quilt magazines and blogs.
11. Favorite show to binge watch: I could list a lot of shows, because I really like having the TV on while I sew. Series I am always ready to watch Big Bang Theory and NCIS, and I also love love love Fixer Upper. I could list more but these are the ones I can watch over and over.