My name is Tracy and this is my first time in Stash Bee, or any online bee, and I could not be more excited! I'm excited to meet more quilters and try some new blocks and of course put together a scrappy quilt with your help.
I have been admiring the Union Jack blocks for quite a while and had them on my "someday" list as they looked a bit intimidating. They were MUCH easier than I thought they would be and I'm so glad that Sylvia asked for them!
Here is what I came up with:
Sylvia mentioned that she would love some "sciency" material and I thought this green fabric looked like atoms. I hope she likes it.
Getting to know me:
1. Name - Tracy Hansen
2. Where you live - Spring Hill, TN
3. Tell us about your family - I've been married to my husband Steve for over 20 years and we have 3 boys (16, 13 and 11).
4. Tell us about your pets - We have 2 two-year old dogs named Doctor and Captain (As in The Doctor and Captain Jack for all of you Doctor Who fans).
5. How long have you been quilting? - I made my first quilt my freshman year of college with ZERO sewing experience. I actually just blogged about it here recently if you'd like to see its amazingness for yourself. About 2 years later I discovered a local quilt shop and with it books and classes. I continued to learn and play with fabrics until the babies came. Then it mostly went away until about 5 years ago when I decided they were big enough to not eat my needles and thread. LOL! I haven't stopped since.
6. What crafts do you do other than quilting? - Quilting takes up most of my time, but I do sew other things for craft fairs and take A LOT of pictures of my boys.
7. Fabric line you want to buy next? All of them! But I am really excited about Mendocino coming back in March!!
8. Preferred quilting method - I love to hand quilt and I with I had time to hand quilt everything! Since I can't. my amazing friend Cyndi does my longarm quilting for me.
9. Where can we find you on social media - Blog: tracysbitsnpieces.blogspot.com and Instagram: tracysbitsnpieces
10. Favorite book: Way too hard to chose, I love to read. But a few of my favorites are Winnie the Pooh, Narnia and Harry Potter with my boys and for myself, Half Broke Horses, The Glass Castle, The Help, and The Time Travelers Wife to name a few.
11. Favorite show to binge watch - Friends, that show will never, ever get old.
It has been so much fun to start to get to know everyone through these introductions and on Instagram. I can't wait to get to know you better.