1. Name: Emily
2. Where you live: Charlotte, North Carolina
3. Tell us about your family: I've been married to my awesome husband for 4 years. We have a 2-year-old son.
4. Tell us about your pets: our dog Ivy is a fluffy-tailed mix of who knows what
5. How long have you been quilting? Since fall of 1997. My college had a craft center and that's where I first learned. I've been quilting somewhat consistently since then, but really got energized 3 years ago and now it is my favorite way to spend my free time. (Reading was my favorite way prior to that.)
6. What crafts do you do other than quilting? I've dabbled in lots of other things, but quilting is pretty much it these days. I occasionally do embroidery that will end up in a quilted project.
7. Fabric line you want to buy next: I don't follow fabric lines or designers. I especially love novelty/I Spy fabrics, batiks, and have just recently gotten into solids.
8. Preferred quilting method (FMQ, long arm, hand, etc.): FMQ by default. If I had won the recent Powerball, I would probably send everything out to be longarmed, or buy a longarm. I am a minimalist when it comes to quilting and I do a lot of straight lines because I'm just not very good at FMQ. I hand quilted my very first quilt (twin sized) and will never hand quilt a bed-sized project again.
9. Where we can find you on social media: http://thedarlingdogwood.blogspot.com/ also LibraryLilNC on flickr, but I'm not particularly active there
10. Favorite book: I'm a librarian, it is impossible to pick just one! My favorite classics are To Kill A Mockingbird and O Pioneers! My favorite picture books are Caps for Sale, Click Clack Moo, and Goodnight Gorilla. I could go on...
11. Favorite show to binge watch: I don't have the time to binge watch. I am currently re-watching Gilmore Girls. I also like Downton Abbey, The West Wing, Big Bang Theory, and several others.