Sunday, January 3, 2016

Hive 8 - January Block





Hello everyone,
Pleased to meet you and pleased to be here at 'Stash Bee' this year. Here the completed Star Block in teal as requested by January Queen Bee Laura from Hive 8.



Laura, I hope you like it. I had meant to make the star scrappy as well but my stash surprised me in not providing as many teal coloured fabrics as I thought I had. I will put it in the mail next week and subsequently up-date this post as to the exact date it went out.

Block mailed on 08/01/2016

Happy sewing everyone.
=)


Stash Bee Q&A

1. Name: Katrin

2. Where you live: Berlin in Germany

3. Tell us about your family: 
I am on my own at the moment, never been married and no kids. My parents and my sister also live in Berlin so they are close by. And I have aunts and cousins galore. 

4. Tell us about your pets: 
I do not have any pets but would love to have cats. As I am living in a small apartement without garden access and am working full time, I think it would not be fair on the cats to have them living in such conditions.

5. How long have you been quilting? On and off since 2008.

6. What crafts do you do other than quilting: 
I learn to play the Ukulele and enjoy cooking, though neither are crafts strictly speaking..., well, I do carve rubber stamps on occasion.

7. Fabric line you want to buy next: 
The reprint of  'Mendocino' by Heather Ross for Windham Fabrics. I love this line and missed it the first time round.

8. Preferred quilting method (FMQ, long arm, hand, etc.): 
Actually not at all, I am so much more interested in piecing than quilting. If I had the choice, I would give all my quilts to professional quilters for the quilting bit. I have checked, there are a total of 4 long arm machines in all of Germany, which have of course been imported from the USA. Therefore, I am stuck with quilting on my domestic little sewing machine. It is a bit of a chore and so far I have not progressed past straight lines mostly. FMQ is definitely on my to-do-list of useful skills to master though.

9. Where we can find you on social media: puppilalla.blogspot.com

10. Favorite book: 
Where to even start... at the moment... 'Perdido Street Station' by China Mieville for gritty and complex urban fantasy and as far as grown-up books are concerned the German edition of 'En Finir avec Eddy Bellegueule' by Édouard Louis (The book is not due to come out in English for a while yet, Amazon quotes March 2017).

11. Favorite show to binge watch: 
I don't binge watch as TV is not my thing. But I binge hear while sewing for example drabblecast or radiolab podcasts.

1 comment:

zaney said...

I love the teal fabric you used!