What a great block, even though I was a bit intimidated initially -- so many HST to line up !!
1. Name: Michelle Rees
2. Where you live: Kingaroy, Australia , originally from South Africa
3. Family: My Hubby and I have been married for a life time, hehehe just kidding, only 16 years and we have three kids, two boys and one girl
4. Pets: We have lots of fish, 2 dogs , a 13 year old Jack Russel and a 2 year old Catahoula with epilepsy and one silly cat, an Abbysinian named George.
5. How long have you been quilting: Made my first EPP quilt when I was 13, but lapsed and didnt sew quilts again for about 20 years, I went through a clothing phase, so imagine lots of flowing skirts. Started quilting again when my oldest was born and made the most awful applique thing, I threaten him with it daily .
6. Other crafts: Pretty much will try everything, except paper crafts. Love cross stitch and crocheting
7. Fabric line I am drooling over: I own every single cotton and steel print every printed, I keep buying on destash accounts so I guess that would be it, another favorite is Lizzy House. and did I mention I have tons of hard to find Tula. I have been at this for a while so kinda stocked up.
8. Preferred Quilting Method: Not really a quilting method, but until recently I loved improv. These days mainly EPP, and will only hand quilt EPP.
9. Social Media: Instagram @mrees2511, pinterest Olebeans
10. Favorite Book: I am an avid reader, and have no favorites but I am a big sucker for Young adult literature, and just recently discovered steampunk novels. VERY GEEKY I know
11. Favorite show to binge watch: Netflix is a crafters best friend right! I love science fiction, and good old action shows, hate reality TV, omg it sucks !
12 Added for FUN. Daytime job I am a vet and stitch something everyday, whether it is furry or fluffy or just fabric, I have wicked sense of humor but a quick temper, so dont be surprised if there are some swwearing when I sew your blocks, my favorite colours are blue and green, love fussy cutting but really SUCK at it! This is the second year I have done this bee, but one of four this year. I will try to be on time every onth mbut my track record says it might be close.
So thats me in a nut shell.
Loved this block ( even though I think there is too much navy, the rest of IG thought it was fine ... go figure!)