Wednesday, August 7, 2024

Finished Quilt, Hive1, 2024, April

'Rose Arbor'
60" x  72"
Finished Blocks: 6" square







Hi All,

I've managed to finish this year's quilt one month ahead of the deadline! Yay!

Yes, I was naughty, Hive 1! I've sliced all of the lovely blocks you sent me, once more - to get more 'petals' on the roses. Hope you're not too wroth with me... I used all of them, though!

A heartfelt Thank You, again, to all of you, for sending those beautiful blocks to me. Especially to everyone, who ventured into curved piecing for me the first time! And also, not to forget, the 'Angels'!! 

As I promised in my tutorial post, 'wonky is good' - They all got a special place on this quilt. 

I will be giving this to my 'Bestie' for her upcoming big birthday. 
Ten years ago, I gave her a queen sized quilt, (only) the 3rd quilt I ever made. The first 2 were baby-quilts, so, I naively thought, 'how difficult can it be to make a bigger one?' ๐Ÿ˜‚ Surprisingly, she still uses it on her bed... Hoping, she'll use this one on the sofa.

Happy quilting everyone,
Rita



 

2 comments:

Gayle said...

Rita, what a fantastic quilt! Great job!

Nicole Powers said...

Oh Rita, your quilts are always so inventive and gorgeous. I am so inspired by your creativity.