Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Hive 1 February Tutorial - "Slightly wonky" Box in a Box in a Box


Dear Hive friends,

Here's (I hope) a fun and stress-free block for which you don't need to measure precisely, unless you feel more comfortable to do so, of course. This block should not be fully wonky, just slightly "wabi-sabi". 

I was inspired by a tutorial from Hive 2 posted last November. The tutorial is very well done and I invite you to follow the directions here to complete the project.


Here is my wish list for the construction --

-Fabric: 
Please work around blue, green, gold, and orange. 

   

Use solids, batik, and if you want to add prints, I prefer novelty with flowers and leaves. 



-Layers: Prepare at least five layers of boxes. It does not matter if it is a square, a rectangle, or a mix of the two.


-Special request: Please add a thin, less than 2 inches, solid brown layer. Place it at any layer that looks best. 

-Measurements: No need to measure the width, and no need to sew straight. Piece slightly wonky if comfortable with doing so. I appreciate imperfection!




Thank you so much for sharing your time and fabric stash for this project. I can't wait to see your beautiful blocks!

Marie

2 comments:

Kelsey said...

Hey Marie, is there a size you are shooting for?

Marie said...

Sorry for the delay Kelsey, just saw your post.
No minimum, just a maximum of 16" block, or 16.5" unfinished (as per rules of the game). Thanks for working on my special request!