Monday, November 1, 2021

Hive 3-November Tutorial-Acorn

 I've been thinking of making a fall quilt for some time.  This free pattern of an acorn from Geta Grama, a Romanian pattern maker, hit my inbox at the exact right time.  I plan to expand the quilt with fall leaves.  

 The block size is 11"x  18" finished.  I like bright colors and used black Kona cotton for the background.  While going through my stash I found some other fabrics that would work well.  The gold metallic fabric would actually make a good top for the acorn---my next one.

Any bright fabrics, including some with green will do, again, the brighter the better...


 
The pattern for the block is actually a diagram of cutting sizes.  I found it easier to use if I printed it out for reference.  The easiest way to do this is to right click on the diagram and select the print option.  

Please do not press the seams open, but press to whatever side the fabric wants to turn.


 Thanks, and stay safe out there

~Mary Ann Hayre

No comments: