Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Hive 1 September Tutorial: Sunflower Block

 Hi everyone and Happy September!

My name is Liz Horgan. I live in northern New Jersey. This is my 6th year doing stash bee blocks!

I am a school nurse at a school for students with special needs. In fact, Joan, our June queen also worked at our school and has since retired.

Like most other schools, we have been closed since March due to COVID-19. We are scheduled to reopen today for staff, students will start remotely on Thursday and then come in person next Tuesday. I have spend the last 4 months working on our reopening plan, so that's where my focus has been, and I haven't been getting much sewing done.

For my block this year, I'm going to ask for the same block that I requested last year, the link is below. I'll combine both year's blocks to make a large quilt! It is a sunflower block and you'll read why it's my favorite flower there! Here's a picture of our sunflowers from a couple of weeks ago. Most of the petals have fallen off now, and we're letting them dry out and then collect the seeds for next year. 


Here is the link to my post from last year for directions- http://stashbee.blogspot.com/2019/10/hive-3-october-tutorial.html 

And here is a picture of the different blocks I received last year.


I hope you enjoy making these blocks and that they bring a smile your face! Let me know if you have any questions.

I hope everyone stays safe and healthy--keep washing your hands and wearing your mask! And have a Happy Labor Day!

Liz Horgan

No comments: